Friday, June 24, 2011

People

The more people I meet, the more I realise that I prefer people who have a knack for crazy slash stupid slash trouble. The ones that are always sane and sweet make me uncomfortable, very. I like to believe that it is absolutely non-human to not have a bad side to oneself. I like to believe that even the happiest person, the kind that spurts rainbows every time he/she opens his/her mouth has moments when he/she would rather just take a chair and break it on the floor than sit and smile.

Honestly, I like to be mean at times, I am an occasional bitch and I don't mind admitting it. There are times when I feel angry and I blow off like Coke does when it meets Mentos. And I am not saying that I am proud of it, but I don't regret it either. I would rather be my crude self when I am upset than put on a facade.

I like people who do crazy things when they are upset. Who would call a bitch a bitch, who break heads when they are hurt. It makes them.. human.. alive. I like people who talk, who laugh at themselves and at someone who just fell down in a really crazy manner (even at the risk of looking mean), who get angry, who would call or text me at 2 in the night to tell me they hate me for having said something. I hold on to them, even if that means having a bumpy ride.

What I do not prefer are people who are safe, people who say exactly the things they know you want to hear, who do not laugh as much.

I like people who fight for what they believe in even if that means we have to deal with entirely different belief systems, I am afraid of the ones that don't challenge me, those who would accept everything that I say.

I have also come to realise that I don't enjoy the company of people who are (or who like to believe that they are) intense. And not the good kind of intense, the ones that are always gloomy and gray..I know a lot of people find it attractive but call me crazy, I just don't. It's a total turn off for me.

I like people who are frighteningly passionate about something, I am drawn to them like an ant to a big blob of sugar. At the same time, I like easy going people, who are opinionated, who have a free spirit and a mind of their own, who would fight more often than not, but who would also let go when they know it's their best option.

But then you know.. that's just me.
: )

Later ya'll!

4 comments:

KP said...

well well well... nice one Avi..:)
i thought next is MMM....

Avanika said...

I couldn't agree more with you Ashwin. I think it's the choice that people make between being someone they are not for people to like them or someone they are regardless who dislikes them for it, that determines the strength of their characters. Everyone is a hypocrite at some point. Nobody gets out of life a saint..
:)

Avanika said...

KP - MMM?

Namit Sharma said...

I see myself agreeing to most of this.