Thursday, August 11, 2011

He.

He will give you strength when you feel weak. He will make you tea when you're sick, it will be terrible. He will make fun of you. He will laugh when others make fun of you. He will ask them to shut the hell up when it'll cross the line. He will get jealous when other men hit on you. He will flirt with other women in front of you. He will Never flirt with other women when you are not around. He will be your best friend. He will be your punching bag. He will patiently wait while you try on clothes. He will ask you to buy the first thing you pick. He does not care what you look like when you're going out for dinner. But when you do look good, it will show on his face. He will never cheat on you. He will give you all the respect you deserve. He is friendly to your friends. He is a son to your parents. He will not talk ill about you, whether you are together or not. He will not comment on the food you made when you are having it. He will tell you after 3 days how terrible it really was and laugh at you. He will Want to pay for you. He will let you pay if he knows it means that much to you. He will listen to your endless rantings patiently. He will leave you alone when you ask him too. He will not leave you alone if he knows you need him but your ego is giving you away. He will not let anyone hurt you. He will make you laugh on a rough day. He will laugh the loudest when you make a blunder. He loves his friends as much as he loves you, he needs you to understand that. He might not have a solution but he will listen to all your problems. He will drop you home when it's possible. He is much stronger than you are, but he will let you have your moments of glory.

He is a man. A Real Man. Nothing more, nothing less.

"I can't go there, I am wearing slippers, I will be the mad girl who fell off like crazy!"
He took off his shoes and held her hand. 
"There, now when you fall down, you'll take me down with you. So We'll be the mad people who fell off like crazy! Now just come already!"


"No one can talk to you like that, I mean don't get me wrong, you really are completely crazy and a huge pain in the ass, but only I am allowed to say that."

If you have him, you better keep him. You might never get so lucky again. 

10 comments:

Aditya said...

I love this one. Just loveed it. By far one of your best posts. Keep writing, you are really penning down your thoughts nicely...:)

sooraj said...

non-existent are such men..:p

Vaibhav said...

Loved it :)

Avanika said...

Aditya : I am glad you do, Marshall! Marshall!

Sooraj : I knew someone like that.. I was so stupid to let him go.

Vaibhav : Yaay! I am glad! : )

Anonymous said...

Those conversations are picked up from someplace or real life instances from your life?

Avanika said...

A - Real life instances. One of my closest friends. This post, is not only meant for boyfriends. It could be your friend too. For me, this is for my friend.

I.D., if you know what I mean. : )

THE REBEL!!! said...

visited this place after so long and happy to get this as a treat saying welcome back :) good work. keep it up :)

Digvijay Desai said...

HE is realistic and possible unlike others' idea of HE and very well knitted.
:)

Avanika said...

Rebel: Haha, I am glad you visited the blog again, makes me want to write more. : )

Maverick: Haha, he is realistic and possible because 'He' is inspired by someone who is very much real. : )

Namit Sharma said...

This is good stuff.