Monday, December 27, 2010

Mom.


I have read so many posts about folks my age complaining how their moms just don't GET them. My mom doesn't get me all the time either, I am not allowed to go out of station without at least one elder person, I am not exactly allowed to go clubbing (which works wonderfully, given that I detest the idea of clubbing. Drunk people thrashing around like a pair of eels in a closed dark place. Ew.) and we have our fair share of heated arguments.

That being said, I can't miss onto the billion things that she has done for me.

She wasn't brought up in Mumbai city like me, neither did she live the kind of life that I live. Although she heads from a very good family and has had her own share of fun, it's still Nothing like the fun that I have.

I always tell her that she can not compare my life with hers. And then I feel the lowest that I possibly can.

I Love my mom. I really do.
And here's why.

She lets me party with my friends,  she lets me stay out till 11, 12 even, she has always held my back with dad, she has never stopped me from staying over at a friend's place and I am pretty sure the concept of a stay over did not exist when she was my age.

She did not react much when I told her that the guys in my group drink every now and then, she has never stopped me from being with them because she knows they are nice, no judgement, she lets me have my guy friends over, she will even make sure they have something to eat (aww..).

She keeps a calm face when I unload tales of my crushes (which aren't too many to begin with). She knows Everything that goes on in my life, and she keeps my secrets in her heart.

Mom and dad had an arranged marriage, and since the day of her wedding, she has given her 100% to this family, she is a typical Indian housewife, a home-maker, as I like to call her. And yet, she gives me the freedom to chose who I want to be with, and she shoves any discussions of my marriage aside adding that I have a career to make first.

My mom is a PhD. If I could be half as intelligent as she is, I can go places. But she gave it all up to raise me.

She makes coffee for me at 1 in the night when I am studying.
She wakes me up with a tea next to my bed.
She cooks everything that I like.
She goes on high alert with just a cough from me.
She irons my clothes before I go to college.
She never worries about me with a guy.
She respects my privacy.
She covers me up when I don't even realise I needed it.


She is a beautiful person, she makes me proud and she makes me love her. : )

And that's why she's the single most amazing person ever.
They all are.

Now, if only I could get my bum off this chair and tell Her all this. : D

13 comments:

Essji said...

"She never worries about me with a guy."
I'm sure NOBODY worries about you with a guy x):P


Nice post though, so much pyaar :)

Swati said...

This post is so beautiful. I hugged my mom after I read it. :)

Anonymous said...

Good post Buddy.

Unknown said...

""She never worries about me with a guy." Probably she worries about the guy :-P

Jyotika said...

Of all the things, the boys only caught that part!!

Avanika said...

^^ Tell me about it!
Boys will be boys!

Anonymous said...

awww... sweeet.

Anonymous said...

awww... sweeet.

Anonymous said...

awww... sweeet.

Anonymous said...

awww... sweeet.

Unknown said...

This post merely reflects what your mummyji does for you. Arre kaamchor, unke liye bhi kuch kar diya karo! :P

Avanika said...

^^ Hahaahha!

Anonymous said...

This is simple and beautiful.