Saturday, March 26, 2011

The right choice?

Last night I was conversing with my friend who is in a very very bad situation. She thinks that she has the hots for two boys at the same time. I warned her that this might go on my blog, but not to worry since I barely know of 20 people who read it. : (

She warned me that if she reads her name anywhere, she will cut my hands off, regardless.

As she went on with her story, I wondered, is it really possible to like two people at the same time?

I am really not the person to say given I find it extremely difficult to like even one person, let alone two. But I am just a loser that way.

Anyway, it all started when she met this guy; let’s call him A, about 7 months ago. They have had the whole unverbalised-mutually understood-attraction thing going for almost 3 months now. It started to frustrate her as the guy never took the initiative to ask her out.

Meanwhile, she met this other guy to (in her words) get her mind off A. (Read: Make him jealous).

Note – I, being the good friend that I am, warned her to not do it, and she being the close friend that she is didn't listen and waited to get back to me after she screwed up.

Unfortunately for her, this other guy, let’s call him B turned out to be totally awesome.
And since the world is full of fools, the jealousy thing totally worked and A has suddenly started to *really care* about her. B continues to be nice, because well, he is nice.
Now she does not know what to do. She really likes the company of B, but is more romantically attracted to A. It’s the battle between the sweet guy and the cool guy again!

Poor thing, it’s like she opened a Pandora’s Box.

While she was telling me about it, the only thing going on in my head was is it really possible to like two people, so different from each other at the same time? Does this mean that there is really no ‘type’ for a person as we find ourselves falling for all kinds of people, the nice, the sweet, the cool, the good-looking, the funny et al?
That being said, how do we decide what’s the best kind for us. On what basis do we decide between two equals, good in their own way when our heart beats for both. Or is it simply a delusion and in our sub conscious mind we already know what we want, but we just don’t listen to it.  
Or is it because we know the right thing but favour the wrong?

I asked her, just to confirm, if she likes B out of guilt. She thought for a really long time before replying, "Oh crap.. No."

I told her, in that case, she's totally screwed. 

I don't know what she is going to do about it, and since I don't really know the guys, I am in no position to help either. 

I do know that the jealousy trick does you no good.

I will tell you when she makes up her mind. 

So long!

P.S. I won another competition, this time in Finance. : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are so many people confused that way. Nice post.

Amey said...

Awesomee work..!!! I would once again say U would make a gr8 Mrktg chick...!!

Keep up ur work, the blogs Legand....
.
.
wait
.
.
For
.
.
It
.
.
DARY..!!!

Avanika said...

Haha! What has marketing got to do with this?

Jeesh, the Universe wants me to ditch Finance and take Marketing up.
:D