Monday, November 1, 2010

Eastern Indians

Every time I come across an eastern Indian, by golly the first thought in my head is, ARE THEY BORN THAT STYLISH?!
No, Seriously!

I spent two months this summer in eastern India, travelling through Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya. I usually take off during summer because the summer in Mumbai is a bitch. Last year it was Bangalore..good times.
Anyway!

I distinctly remember walking down the streets of Tawang and Bomdila, wondering to myself, all day everyday, where do they get all this stuff from? And how come all of them are that stylish! They would wear the most awesome-est (I know there is a grammatical error there, but that's how much I mean it, I am risking a Grammatical error, ME!) cloths ever, even if they were just taking a walk down the lane. And I can bet that I didn't find two people wearing the same thing. They had their unique styles, and all of them were, to put it simply, brilliant. I remember wearing trousers and an old shirt for a morning walk, and when I saw them fellas, I had to rush back to the hotel, change into something fab and step out!

I came across two of them back home in Mumbai yesterday.

Picture this, first guy walks in wearing a checked basic red-white-blue shirt with beige shorts.
Just when I was thinking how effortlessly cool the dude was, walks in his friend, wearing a Metallica T-shirt with big skulls and.. wait for it.. white cotton loose trousers that you can sleep in. For real.

OH. MY. GOD.
It was hot and cool at the same time.

I thought it would be unfair to not acknowledge my awe in public.

Ze- Cool - ness.

3 comments:

Niti said...

OMG! I stay in Bangalore and I think about the same thing, EVERYDAY!

Unknown said...

I have quite a few friends in oz from east india, none of them match ur description, ur racist.
lol

Avanika said...

Haha, that's a first. And answer me this, how does that make me a racist? I have come across a Lot of east Indians, and god knows I am not lying, they were All fabulous.