Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bleh..

Now this is what having a job does to you.
I was in the train, on my way to work, when this girl from my school got in. And it took me a while to realise she was there which was when I was sitting right opposite her. Now, I am a 100% sure she was my junior at school and it's been good 5 years since I last saw of her. There could have SO much to talk about. But then it hit me, there could be so much to talk about.

It was at this time that I realised, that I already have too much to say and listen for the rest of the day to want to have any more. Random voices started screaming in my head.
"Why the hell is my system hanging up!"
"Who has the edited pages? We don't have them! Call XXXXX!"
"Where have you saved the text file for this story!"
"Is the transcription done?"
"Arrey, when are you going to finish correcting the pictures!?"
"Has the page lay out been made?"
"Arrey what are you guys waiting for!"
"She's a COW!
"We don't have a good picture for this story.." *panic attack* Getty? nope, Startraks? Nope, Snapper!!? No. "Go through the CDs!! We can't put this picture up, she looks like a fucking retard in here"
"FUCK A DUCK! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY SYSTEM!!"
"This is ridiculous.."
"Arrey, but who is this women?"
"Who has got the XXX page open!!"
"Where is the magazine gone!?"
"ARREY NO-ONES HUNGRY OR WHAT!"
*phone rings* "Babe, you will totally have to call me back later"
"Somebody please get XXXXX on the line!"
"AC ka temperature kam karo koi! It's fucking freezing in here!!!"
"SAAAAAAGAAAAAR!!!!"
"Listen, can you please bajao.."
"What are we doing?"
"We are so screwed"
"This guy is a fucking moron"
*bang!!* OWWW !!!! "Avanika!!! Don't pull an Avanika!!!!"
"Arrey laddo.. come here"
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!"
"MY SYSTEM IS TOTALLY DEAD NOW!! CALL XXXXXX!! NOW!!!!
"I WILL BREAK THAT BLOODY A/C IF YOU DON'T FIX THE TEMPERATURE!!"
"I am so screwed.." "tch.. bechari.." "XXXXX don't you irritate me!!!" "Don't yell.. this is office.." "XXXXX!!!!!"


And that was when I realised.. I had two choices:
a. I can have a good long conversation, long enough for the time it will take me to reach my destination station.
b. I can take in the serenity and prepare myself for the holocaust that is about to dawn upon me.
I chose the latter.

P.S. I love my office. And I love every single body in my team. It's not everywhere you get to scream "I AM SO FUCKED DAMN IT!!!!" to your chief.
:)

Also, if I ever catch up with this person from school (when I am not on my way to work), I am so speaking to her. She seems to have grown into a nice cool girl.
:)

No comments: