Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lost and found.

You know the saying, you don't really realise the value of something until you've completely lost it.

It is true alright.


I have always been the kind of person that does not sulk too much over losing things/people. One of my very close friend once told me that he is not sure how he feels about who I am.  He is confused whether he should be really happy about the fact that nothing bothers me so much, or just really worried about the fact that nothing bothers me so much. It bothers him that I can laugh and talk endlessly to people like nothing's wrong right after a big fight.

I think he will be very happy when he reads this post. If, he reads this post at all.

I have this sinking feeling in my heart like I have lost something. I can't really put a finger on it, but I know it's there. I feel happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I actually feel something so strongly, and sad because it takes for me to lose something to have a feeling this strong in the first place.

I have a blank expression and a smile on my face, simultaneously. I feel strong, I feel suddenly weak. I laugh, I don't want to laugh anymore. I talk, I want to be left alone. I want a distraction, I want to be consumed by the thought.

I feel.. confused. And I'd like to believe that is good.

I am finally open to the possibility that there are things/people that matter to me. I may not care about it so much, because my intrinsic self is fighting it so strongly, but at the same time, I know I feel the loss. I feel the pain of losing. And more than anything, I am allowing myself to sulk over it without going "Man, this is bloody stupid!" in my head.

I think I am finally entering a new stage in my life. I am having an evolution, for the lack of a better word.
That being said, I am obviously going to laugh out loud and talk endlessly like nothing's wrong. I am just having an evolution, it's not like someone blew a new soul into me.
:)

I lost. I found.

4 comments:

Durvesh said...

Can totally relate to where you are coming from... you are just
E-V-O-L-V-I-N-G !

Ashwin Bangera said...

I am not going to say i understand coz only u know whats happening to you. But really liked what u wrote. Realizations at different points in life.

Avanika said...

Durvesh - I'd like to believe so, yes.
Ashwin - Well yes, how about those! I am glad you liked the post. :)

Anonymous said...

A hundred days have made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face
A thousand lies have made me colder
And I don't think I can look at this the same
But all the miles that separate
Disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face

I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time

I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me, yeah

The miles just keep rollin'
As the people leave their way to say hello
I've heard this life is overrated
But I hope that it gets better as we go.

I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time

I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight girl it's only you and me

Everything I know and anywhere I go
It gets hard but it won't take away my love
And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done
It gets hard but it won't take away my love, whoa

I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time

I'm here without you baby
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight girl it's only you and me.

I think about you every time I come across this song.
Have I found you? Or lost you?