Friday, April 15, 2011

(Im)Perfect

I am no writer. I am just a person who likes to write. And for that, I have a blog and not website, or a column.

I do not force people to read my blog, I don't force them to like it.

I don't have a 'style', I don't feel the need to.

I don't write to please. I just write to share. I don't feel the need to show off my *awesome vocabulary*, I don't feel the need to sound super cool. I just want to sound like me. Plain simple me.

Sometimes I come up with something nice, sometimes I don't. Sometimes you can relate to it, sometimes you just can't understand what I am trying to say. And that's Okay. Because you are you, and I am me.

Sometimes I read my old posts and feel proud of them, sometimes I think "Jeesh, what was I thinking?!"

But the reason why I write, is because it's a reminder, for every thought that was once in my head, and of the story behind it. The times someone touched my life, and the times someone crapped all over my mood. It's a reminder of all those moments, to remember who was nice, and who was not. I mention the names of the people at most times, because I want to remember them. And because years down the line, when I will read my old posts, I will remember them and think about them and maybe even give them a call.

It's not fiction, this blog, it's what goes around me. And what I think about what goes around me. It's an outlet to my thoughts.

It's my life, and it's not perfect.
And I couldn't care less.

: )

2 comments:

R said...

Well, that is exactly why I love to read your blog. It's so .. real.
:)

Avanika said...

Well, thank you. : )