Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I detest people who although born and brought up (to a good age of 20-22) in India, fly off to other countries and then start to act like that's their home in just a months time and presume that they have suddenly acquired the rights to talk Shit about India.

No, seriously. You couldn't get into a decent university here, you go to the U.K., you are an engineer, you fly off to the U.S., that is acceptable, but you sit there like you are sitting on a high pedestal and start to talk rubbish about my darling country and Mumbai city, it's then that you piss me off.

I have no issues with people going abroad, but you left your country, and with that you lost whatever right you had on it. It's like telling your awesome ex that you don't like what she's wearing. Here's the thing - She does not care, and you are the loser who needs to mind his own business.

People who start to act like strangers in a new land when they get back to their home country and throw tantrums all around, seriously, get a life.

Also some sense of relatedness and shame, if I may say, while you are at it.

: |

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good and commendable post!

Avanika said...

^^ Glad you agree.

Anonymous said...

Gosh this is SO true. Pisses me off too.

Unknown said...

I disagree, those guys who go abroad work hard in away to get there, the reason why some feel at home is simply cuz he/she gets a feeling that the country that they might migrate to will give them more than the country that they have come from.

Avanika said...

Abhishek - I don't have an issue with people going abroad, nor do I have an issue with them settling there for better opportunities, but I DO have an issue with them talking crap about India.
I have an issue with them behaving like they have acquired the rights to say whatever it is that comes to mind just because they don't stay here anymore.
I will neither agree nor accept That.