Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I have decided to quit my job by the end of this month, officially. I love everyone in the team, but This is just not where I belong.

Missed fractions and accounts. Got to get back to where I belong.
But honestly, I couldn't have been happier about taking the job up in the first place. I know a lot of places where I lack, AND I realised, I am quite a 'keeping to myself when not in my age group' person. I used to find it really funny when all the sun sign theories would say that Virgos are shy by nature, I understand why, now.

I also realised that I like it when I am left to mind my own business and when I don't have to interact with team mates much. Not that I don't like them, but just because I don't like it if any one gets in my business. Like seriously, That totally pisses me off.

I also realised that we Do make friends at work. And the ones that stay around. I will miss catching up with Ismail and Sumit after work.

I will also miss all the lunch table discussions. I will miss Britannia.

I will miss the watchman uncle, the watchman guy and the pantry guys. They are all rockstars!

But, nothing over powers the fact that I will see the faces of my friends after a long while, have Saturdays off And maybe even study a while.

I am not mature enough to be working in media, not politically correct enough, not diplomatic enough, but heck, I don't even wish to be. Because then, that will not be me. It will simply be 'the girl who changed when she grew up and got a job'.

Change is nice, but I am not ready for it yet. I like being a kid, and I like it when it's okay to make a mistake and I like it when Neha and Kushi scream 'Kya hoga be tera!' and when Anurag slams the phone down in frustration (and then calls back :) ), and I like it when Ismail says, dude you are weird, obtuse and annoying, please don't Ever change, or I will kill you.


:)

3 comments:

Ishank Gupta said...

hmm.. sounds interesting.. it's been a long time we've spoken.. how've you been?

Avanika said...

Hey..! Damn right it's been a long time. I have been doing alright. how have you been? Will catch up with you at Mood Indigo I guess.

Anonymous said...

Where did you work? As what?